Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Spinach, Strawberry & Shrimp Salad

2 oz baby spinach
1/2 cup sliced & quartered cucumber
1/2 cup bite sized strawberries
1/8 - 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/4 cup low fat feta cheese
1 chopped hard boiled egg
1.5 slices of bacon crumbled
2 tablespoons of Champagne Dressing (I use Girard's)
6 oz shrimp



I bake my bacon in the oven. 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 18 minutes. I also take off and throw away the big chunk of fat after it cools before I crumble it; yes, I know that it's probably a sin to do that!

I put together my salad before I cook my shrimp. But don't mix it.

I season my shrimp with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and basil. I saute it over medium-low to medium heat, just until cooked through; only about 2 minutes. I immediately take it to my chopping board and cut the shrimp either in half or into thirds.

Top salad with still warm shrimp and them mix up the salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment