Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Awesomely Simple Smoothie


This one I dreamed up last night! I don’t really like crazy sweet things especially in the morning, & this is perfect! 
 
1 small container Plain Greek Yogurt (the container I had was 5.3 oz)
1/2 cup Green Tea (I made it last night & stuck it in the fridge to chill, I used the Lipton Orange, Passion Fruit & Jasmine Green tea)
1/2 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
1/2 - 1 cup Fresh Strawberries
1 Tablespoon Honey
6 Large Ice Cubes (maybe 9 medium sized ones)

All of these measurements are approximate don’t forget! If you don’t have vanilla protein powder, probably about a tablespoon of vanilla extract would work pretty well I think.

I use all sorts of different fruit in this. In the off season, I just go with the frozen no added sugar fruit and reduce the amount of honey.

Update: When I went on the Paleo Diet for a while, I substituted a banana and probably about 1/2 a cup of unsweetened almond milk for the Greek yogurt.

Give it a try! I Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment